Jacob R

App (GRC GUI) requires restart before working on WBT

Question

An app i write in QT creator that includes no GRC GUI component will work without a WBT restart. If the app has a GRC GUI component when activated it will be unable to deactivate the app. The GUI does not show and the app remains unresponsive until after a restart. 

Is there a way around this?

4 answers to this question

The app was originally installed without any meta data (icon, description, etc). For this reason It would not load upon installing without a restart. However, changing 

App_Name = "GRC_Sink"
App_Description = ""
App_Brief_Description = ""
App_Version = "0.0.0.2"

to

App_Name = "GRC_Sink"
App_Description = "App descrip"
App_Brief_Description = "Brief app descript"
App_Version = "0.0.0.2"

AND adding an Icon  -- I am able to deploy and run without restarting. This saves a lot of time when testing. Thanks!

As of this time, there is no proper way to have an app without a GUI component, due to how the signaling and API works at this time. At the very least, there needs to be an "about screen" with an icon.

Are you saying that even though I have a GRC gui component I still need to have a normal GUI component to have it work upon install?

The GRC file is added to the GRC GUI inside the subprojects of a WBT App 

If I add also a GUI component that is not a GRC gui will it then upon installation work without a system restart?

Sorry, misunderstood.

On 2/6/2016 at 9:48 AM, rameyjm said:

An app i write in QT creator that includes no GRC GUI component will work without a WBT restart. If the app has a GRC GUI component when activated it will be unable to deactivate the app. The GUI does not show and the app remains unresponsive until after a restart. 

Is there a way around this?

If you do have a GRC gui component, it counts and should work.

Have you tried the tutorial example? How the tutorial behaves should shed some light into the issue.

• Upvote 1