Sign in to follow this  
Jacob R

File manager crashes UI, bad recordings?

Question

I am writing an app that records and transmits. I have some files in the file manager i am trying to read from that are recorded at the beginning of the opening of the app. When i try to open the file manager to select a file, the screen flashes and the hardware gets reinitialized. It allows me to access the disk without the file on it fine.

Is it because the recording is corrupt? What is the proper way to end a recording, with the enterPreview(false) method called on the WbtSystem obj.?

2 answers to this question

Thanks for the response,

1. Im using 2.4.6

2. The files name was "/data1/GRC_Tx.qvrt"

3. I was trying to use the file manager in the client

4. The issue has been resolved.

Problem: I declared a radio settings obj, set one parameter (such as center frequency) update the radio, then start recording. The problem is that i needed to get the tuners current settings so everything in the radiosettings obj would be filled to the correct numbers. Then i could change the settings i want, then record.

I was trying to record with invalid settings, and there are times when the app crashed and the file was not properly closed. 

Solution: Don't set radio settings before, if you do - set them up right by getting the current settings then changing the desired settings.

That is the correct way to end a recording.

A couple questions:
1. What version of the WBT Software are you using?
2. What are you naming your files?
3. Are you trying to use the file manager in the client or are you trying to instantiate your own file manager in the app?
4. Can you post a code snippet of how you are doing the recording in your app?

Edited by Jeremy B